PROCEDURE FOR RENEW NOTARY WEBINAR AND COMPLETING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The process will be done via a webinar. To participate in the class for RENEW NOTARY we have set up the following outline:
- Obtain your BCI early as the return time is about 3 weeks. Have the results sent to yourself.
- The code is 147022.
- Pay the $45.00 registration fee at https://secure.affinipay.com/pages/lake-county-bar-association/payments
- Complete the application on our website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The webinars are held on the first and third Wednesday of the month. You will receive an email with a registration link and instructions the day before the webinar. The webinar is on demand, so it can be taken at anytime on the given webinar date.
- After we receive notice that the webinar is complete, we will email a Certificate of Completion with instructions to complete the process on the Secretary of State website.
Instructions for submitting for renewal on the Secretary of State’s website, once you you receive your Certificate of attendance from the Lake County Bar Association:
Go to https://www.ohiosos.gov
- Click on NOTARY
- Click FILE NOTARY COMMISSION APPLICATIONS AND UPDATES
- Click CREATE USER ACCOUNT(if you do not have one prior)
- Click “Existing Notary” and follow the prompts from there on.
Select file online to submit your application to the Secretary of State office.
- A copy of your criminal record check
- A certificate from the education provider to show successful completion of the class.
- Image of Signature.
Attachments must be uploaded as PDFs. The fee to apply is $15